Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekend Magic | Columbus Child Photographer










There is just something special about the weekend. Even Evan knows it. On Friday as I put him down for his nap, he said "Mommy, is tomorrow when Daddy stays home with us ALL day long?". I told him it was, and he got the biggest smile on his face and said "I is so excited!" He knows what the good things in life are.

We spent Friday evening at a park and then went out for hot dogs and ice cream. On Saturday, we went to "Day Out with Thomas", and Evan got to ride on his hero- Thomas the Tank Engine. As far as weekends go- this one was pretty magical. Especially if you are almost 3.

It is wonderful to have children because they remind you of the magic of everyday. Of those little moments you don't want to forget. The sound of their laugh, the way the sun shines off their hair. The smell of fresh grass, and the feel of sand between your toes that somehow snuck it's way in there at the playground. If I could bottle it up and save it somehow- I would.

I know someday I will look back on these pictures and smile. I hope years from now, Evan will still find this much joy in his daily life. If I had one wish for him- it would be to never lose the magic in his heart.

No comments: